Tuesday 12 August 2014

Cook All of the Meals

Last week I watched a couple of episodes of Masterchef Junior.
I deludedly thought that watching little kids trying to cook would be cute and funny.
Plot twist, the little kids can cook scallops and lobsters and macaroons.
The final straw came when they asked a 13 year old boy how often he cooked "five or six times a week" was his reply.
Well, I cook about once or twice a month and I want to be a chef.
At that point I decided I had better start cooking more often so I don't make a complete fool of myself when I actually go to a cooking school.
So, I plan to cook dinner for my family for the next four weeks (give or take a few days).
I've made up a four week meal plan and I'm going to blog about each night as I go along (which means I will actually be forced to blog regularly for a change).

Day 1&2 were actually yesterday and the day before.
I made bacon and egg pie with wedges, kumara chips and peas and carrots [with certain tasks delegated to available siblings, cause delegation is an important life skill to learn :)]
The bacon and egg pie was super easy, All you need to make one is:
  • Defrosted pastry sheets
  • Bacon
  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Onions
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Dried Sage
  • Cheese
Roll out the pastry and put in into your pie tin, trim the edges.
Spread pieces of fried bacon over the bottom along with chopped onion.
Beat about three eggs with some milk, salt & pepper and dried sage.
Pour egg into pie dish.
Sprinkle grated cheese over egg.
Roll out more pastry and make a lid. Trim edges. Use your fingers to squish the lid and  the base together.
Cook in oven heated to about 180C until cooked and golden brown.

FOOOOOOOOOD

I had made two pies, so we just heated the left over one up for dinner the next night.
I also made peach muffins using Alison Holst's fruit salad muffin recipe.

Clever me forgot to put the cinnamon sugar on top

No comments:

Post a Comment