Thursday 19 November 2015

Still Bad At Posting

Wow, I am still really bad at this whole blogging thing, even though I've technically finished university for the year. But I do kind of have an excuse. Being the blatant overachiever I am, I decided to sign up for NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month, which began the day after I finished exams. So much for having a break.

So far I'm doing alright, it's a typical first draft, i.e. terrible, but at least I've managed to keep on track with the word count. It has been very, very hard to stop myself from going back to edit though, but I know if I do there will be no return, I'll fall into one of the gigantic plot holes and never find my way out. I can't wait until it's over so I can rip the whole thing to shreds and start again. You know you've gone off track when you suddenly feel like strangling your own protagonist to death.

I've also been doing spring cleaning: the horror.
The best way to describe the current state of my room would be - there's been a struggle, or a bomb went off. I am he worst procrastinator ever, so it is taking ages, hopefully it will look presentable again before I graduate.

Apart from that, nothing much is going on in my life, just lots of reading and catching up on all the TV shows I lost track of during the exam period.

Also, loving the new season of Doctor Who, can't wait for the next episode.

Sorry this blog post is all random and mixed up, but hey, at least I wrote one for a change.

Word of the week: phillumenist - a person who collects items relating to matches or match-boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment